You’ve come across the chronicle of a 25+ year IT veteran working in the Research Triangle Park area of North Carolina. I have a beautiful wife and three boys. They’re grown up now so we’ve gotten rid of the mini-van for high performance sports sedans.
I am currently involved with the following manufacturing based technology initiatives and projects originating in RTP, expanding globally:
- Building Icon Protection. where I am an employee-owner.
- Zero Trust authentication, SASE, SSO, MFA security measures and Disaster Recovery
- Electronic Document Interchange (EDI) partnership development
- EDI document translator configuration and administration (Gentran, Lexicom, Vantage Point)
- Electronic order processing into various ERP and SaaS systems
- Wide and Local Area enterprise network communication
- Firewalls, port management and network gateway security configurations
- Remote application deployment and configuration (Citrix ICA, VPNs)
- Enterprise SQL database deployment, maintenance and administration
- Business Intelligence systems deployment and report development (Business Objects, Qlikview, MS Power BI)
- SANs and virtualization (NetApp, EMC, Nimble Storage, VMWare)